Click on the chart below to enlarge.
Cick here for PDF Version
This is to let you know that there are a few changes this year-�you can prepare for these changes now as you are starting your wrestling season. In Washington we will be following USA Wrestling’s lead for age and weight divisions. Attached is the current Age and Weight Division chart we will be using. Below is a brief recap of the items that are different:
- 1) We will be using the round times listed on this chart for Folkstyle as well as Freestyle / Greco – this is a change from last year for all styles.
- 2) Bantams will now be allowed to wrestle Greco Roman.
- 3) If there are only 2 wrestlers in a bracket, we will use a bracket that wrestles the best 2 out of 3.
- 4) Their will be separate Schoolgirl, Cadet Women and Junior Women Divisions offered for all Folkstyle and Freestyle events. There is not a separate Women’s division for Greco. At weigh ins, if the Women want to wrestle in the women’s age group, they need to register in the Women’s age group and the people checking the weigh in cards will ask them at weigh ins if there are not enough women in their weight class, if they are okay with being changed to the men’s division. The Women are allowed to wrestle both divisions, but they need to register for both and pay for both.
- 5) PeeWee’s are not listed on the USA Chart, but they are still allowed to wrestle in Washington for Folkstyle and Freestyle (not Greco). Their Birth Years for this year are: Born in 2008 and After.
I hope this helps and wish everyone a successful wrestling season.
Respectfully, Kim Burchett Membership Director Washington State Wrestling Association