Membership Information for Washington State Wrestling Association:
1. We are changing over to a new membership program this year called Sport Ngin (pronounced “engine”). The current site is taking sales for the 2014-15 season and when the system changes over in October 2014 the data should merge without interruption. If you have difficulty with anything please email me.
2. Card prices are as follows (plus $4.75 processing fee for all cards except athlete):
Athlete Limited Folkstyle Only Card: $15
Athlete Full Membership Card: $40
Athlete High Performance Card: $100
Coaches Cards: $42
2-year Coaches Cards: $84
Officials Cards: $25
2-year Officials Cards: $50
Club Charters: $140 (base prices without insurance) (plus $5 processing fee), Purchasing a charter does not include insurance; you must select the option to add club insured during the process to have the $25.00 insurance added to have your site protected. Event sanctions have this option included in price, club charters do not.
Insurance for Charter: $20 each site (plus $5 processing fee)
Tournament Sanctions: $115 for one style one day (plus $5 processing fee). If you have more than one style OR have more than one day, an additional $75.00 will be charged for each style OR each additional day to cover the Trackwrestling fees assessed to WSWA.
1) A one day event that has both FS and GR – the charge would be $120.00 for the first style and $75.00 for the second.
2) A three day event that has GR the first day, FS the second day and Folkstyle the third day – the charge would be $120.00 for the first day and style, $75.00 for the second day and style and $75.00 for the third day and style.
3. USA Wrestling offers a 2-year Coaches and Officials Card. The benefit to this is that you save the $4.75 processing fee and you only have to do the whole background/ purchasing of your card every other year. You will not be able to print your Coaches or Officials card until your background screening is completed. The screening can take a few days to complete so don’t wait. You will be prompted to complete the screening after you have purchased your officials or coaches card.
4. Clubs need to make sure that every athlete and coach purchases a USA card before they step on the practice mat, no exceptions. A wrestler or coach could get hurt at any time and if they do not have a USA card, your club and the individual is NOT covered.
5. All cards – Coaches and Athletes are available for purchase online in Washington. You need to purchase yours early in case there are problems with the records online. Cards for the 2014-2015 season were available for purchase starting August 15, 2014. They are good until August 31, 2015.
6. Remember the deadline dates for the event sanctions per the By-Laws.
September 30th– all clubs who scheduled an event at the fall General Membership meeting must have their sanction and fees submitted and mat and pairing officials background and cards purchased to secure the date they signed up for.
October 15th – the first club in a specific region (with an open date) to e-mail a request to the Membership Director and submit online all required paperwork and fees and have their mat and pairing officials background and cards purchased will be allowed to have an event for that date on the WSWA Folkstyle schedule. This is the last date the Membership Director can approve and add a tournament to the Folkstyle schedule.
December 31st – all clubs who scheduled events at the fall General Membership meeting must have their sanctions and fees submitted and mat and pairing officials background and cards purchased to secure the date you sign up for.
January 31st– the first club in a specific region (with an open date) to e-mail a request to the Membership Director and submit online all required paperwork and fees and have their mat and pairing officials background and cards purchased will be allowed to have an event for that date on the WSWA Folkstyle schedule. This is the last date the Membership Director can approve and add a tournament to the Freestyle and Greco-Roman schedule.
April 15th– For the WSWA post-season, which is defined as being after completion of all WSWA Freestyle and Greco Roman State Championships, any club can submit a sanction and fees and obtain approval for an event no later than a deadline of April 15th of that year.
6. Clubs who wish to host a sanctioned Washington State Wrestling Association / USA Wrestling event must have both a current year licensed Mat Official and a current year licensed Pairing Official associated with the club, and they both must be available to work the entire event in order to receive approval for the sanctioned event. The club Mat and Pairing officials must be age 18 years of age or older. The mat and pairing officials must have their backgrounds completed and their USA cards purchased for me to approve the sanction and this must be done before all stated deadlines.
I trust each club will have a successful wrestling season. If I can do anything to assist you please email me at KDBurchett@aol.com
Washington State Wrestling Association