The annual meeting of the members shall be at the call of the State Chairperson, in the month of August or September, for the purpose of electing officers, adopting the budget and for the transaction of such other business as may come before the meeting. Regional meetings shall be held along with the state meeting to help create schedules, conduct business, and elect officers. Current board of directors must make notification to the State Chairperson 25 days prior to the Annual Fall General Membership meeting, each year their position is up for re-election, if they intend to run for the same position on the board of directors for the Washington State Wrestling Association. The current board of directors must make notification to the State Chairperson 25 days prior to the Annual Fall General Membership meeting if they intend on giving up their position on the board of directors or if they intend on running for a different position on the board of directors for the Washington State Wrestling Association. Any member in good standing with the Washington State Wrestling Association must attempt to make notification to the State Chairperson 25 days prior to the Fall General Membership meeting if they intend on running for a board of directors position that is coming up for re-election at the Fall General Membership meeting. General members will still have the right to make board of director nominations from the floor at the Fall General Membership meeting, but justification as to why the 25 day deadline could not be met, should be satisfied by a majority of all voting attendees at the time of the meeting.
Initiate and provide leadership for all state programs, act as liaison to the National Office and keep the state organization informed of all national events and policies, coordinate activities between and within the various levels of the state program, make nominations to the Board of Directors for appointed offices, mediate major issues, determining state responses, act as liaison to the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association and Chair the Board of Directors.
Maintain current membership and charter records. Distribute forms and supplies to clubs as requested. Maintain accounts and records of all monies received and expended for the Washington State Wrestling Association, provide an annual financial statement of the financial business of the Washington State Wrestling Association at the Annual Meeting, and provide update financial budgets to the State Chairperson or Board of Directors as requested for Board of Directors meetings.
Pairings Officials Director
Provide leadership and direction for all Pairings Officials within the state, maintain a current listing of all state Pairing Officials and coordinate assignments to all major state-wide tournaments. Ensure the competency of Pairings officials through clinics, tests and observation of performance. Shall designate a senior pairings official at all state championships tournaments, and assign a Head Pairings Official to every sanctioned tournament.
Western Washington Kids Directors
Serve as an associate to the Eastern Washington Kid’s Director providing added coordination and communications of Kids Programs and activities throughout the state and at local levels. Assume responsibility for the implementation and conduct of regional level activities such as clinics, tournaments, Schoolboy Dual Team, Kids West Regional, and Kids Nationals.
Coordinate and provide leadership for the Washington Cadet Wrestling program, schedule Cadet tournaments, clinics and other events, assist with regional and national programs, and act as liaison to the USA Wrestling National Cadet Body.
Coordinate and provide leadership for the Washington Women’s Wrestling Programs, encourage Women’s Wrestling tournaments, clinics and other events, assist with regional and national programs and act as liaison to the USA Wrestling National Women’s Body.
* Answer all WSWA memberships’ questions pertaining to purchasing memberships, chartering a club and sanctioning tournaments. Reply to emails nightly when possible but at least once a week.
* Maintain a current chartered club list posted on the WSWA website.
* Approve, in a timely manner, all charters that are purchased by the membership.
* Approve all tournament sanctions by bylaw deadlines.
* Maintain a current tournament schedule to be posted on the WSWA website.
* Maintain communication with USA Wrestling and the USA Membership Director.
* Develop ideas to try to increase membership in our state and with USA Wrestling.
* Maintain an e-mailing list of all sanctioned clubs provided by the membership director.
* Send out any mass emails to membership when requested by State Chairperson or any Directors.
* Send out mass e-mailings for clubs that are approved by State Chairperson and/ board.
* Develop spreadsheets of contact emails or address and phone numbers for directors when requested.
* Be at the USAW Membership Directors (Shonna Vest) disposal to answer questions about Washington’s Membership and help USAW resolve questions on the local level.
* Develop a relationship with outside wrestling organization not involved with USA Wrestling and encourage them to partner with WSWA and USA Wrestling.
* Attend all Board of Director meetings that are called by the state chairperson and the Annual General Membership meeting that is held each September.
* Arrange table help for folkstyle state tournament as directed by state chairperson
* Arrange table help for freestyle and Greco state tournament as directed by state chairperson
* Other duties as assigned by State Chairperson or board of directors
Communicate monthly (or as needed more often during the busiest membership months) with the Website Director a copy of current club list for the WSWA website.
Communicate monthly with Secretary a list of current club email list.
Respond daily to all membership questions.Notify Pairing Director daily by email of any new charter clubs so the club’s names can be added to TrackWrestling.
Notify Pairing Director and Website Director by email of any new sanctioned tournaments so they may be added to TrackWrestling and posted on the WSWA website tournament schedule.
Notify daily by email any clubs whose charter has been approved and welcome them to WSWA.
Notify daily by email clubs whose sanction has been approved and notify them that their tournament is scheduled and will be posted on the WSWA website.
Attend the Board of Director and the Annual General Membership meetings.
Notify USAW Membership Director of our current Board Positions for the upcoming wrestling season.
Keep a spreadsheet of board directors’ completion of background and purchase of USA card for the State Chairperson.
Ongoing duties listed above
Compile a yearly report to be presented at the board of directors meeting and the general membership meeting.
Compose and print out a tentative tournament schedule for clubs by region to work from at the fall meeting for planning the following year’s tournament schedule.
Advise State Chairperson of your intent to continue in office or run for office (if position is expiring) 25 days prior to the fall general membership and BOD meetings).
The members of the Washington State Wrestling Association who shall possess voting rights shall include: each and every current year duly authorized USA / Washington State Wrestling Chartered Wrestling clubs shall hold 2 votes, 1 for charter and 1 for a currently licensed official ( mat or pairing ) representative, at any and all Washington State Wrestling Association general membership meetings. No individual may hold or exercise a right to more than one vote. Each chartered club shall designate its voting representatives at the beginning of each meeting.