WSWA Freestyle/Greco State Championships April 27-28, 2013 at the Tacoma Dome
Bronze Clinic 7-10 am Saturday at the Tacoma Dome Best Western. Pre-register cost $60 with firstname.lastname@example.org $75 late registration if room is available. 75 coach limit for clinic.
1) Admission: Adult spectator fee is $12 for one day and $20 for two days. 17 and under are FREE. All spectators will need to purchase a ticket at a ticket booth or online at www.ticketmaster.com to enter the Tacoma Dome. Tickets will also be available at the Tacoma Dome Box Office until 8:00 pm on Friday and will reopen at 6 am Saturday and Sunday mornings.
2) Parking: Will be complimentary in Tacoma Dome lots, sponsored by Tacoma South Sound Sports (savings of $10 per day). RV Parking will be available on a first come-first serve basis with power hook-up at $40/day, starting at 8am on Friday, April 26th.
3) Entrance to Tacoma Dome: All wrestlers, bronze coaches, and tournament workers will need to enter through the Lower F door in the NE corner of the Tacoma Dome. One parent with a ticket will be allowed to enter though Lower F door with their wrestler if needed. There will be a ticket booth open near the Lower F doors. All other spectators and family members must enter through the Upper Concourse doors. Tickets will also be available at the ticket booth in the front of the building starting at 6 am.
4) Food/Drink Items: Nutritional food and drinks for WRESTLERS ONLY will be allowed through Lower F Door (i.e. No Subway sandwiches or fast food items will be allowed in). In addition, no coolers will be allowed in. No food and drinks will be allowed through the Upper Concourse entrance. You can re-enter the Dome with your ticket. Please leave coolers in the car.
5) Weigh-In Times: To save you time on the day of the event, there will be an optional Friday night weigh-in for PeeWee, Bantam, Intermediate, and Novice Freestyle wrestlers only from 7 pm – 8 pm on the Tacoma Dome Floor. If you can’t make the Friday weigh-in, you can still weigh-in from 7 am – 8 am Saturday morning. All others will weigh-in Saturday morning from 7 am – 8 am if you are wrestling Freestyle or 7 am – 8 am Sunday if you are wrestling Greco only. Your Freestyle weigh-in will count for Greco so you do not need to weigh-in again. Please turn in both your Freestyle and Greco card at the first weigh-in. You can’t weigh in Friday or Saturday if you are only wrestling Greco. You must weigh in Sunday only.
6) Competition Times: Freestyle Wrestling will start at 10am on Saturday for PeeWee, Bantam, Intermediate, and Novice. We hope to be done by 2 pm. Freestyle for Schoolboy, Cadet, Cadet Women, Junior, Junior Women, and Open (Senior) will start at approximately 1 pm on Saturday. We hope to be done by 6 pm. All Greco age divisions will state at 9 am on Sunday. We hope to be done by 3 pm. These are just estimated end times.
7) Floor Access: Only officials, table workers, current wrestlers, on-deck wrestlers and bronze coaches coaching a match will be allowed inside the gates. All other wrestlers, bronze coaches and spectators must remain behind the yellow lines located behind the gated area or in the stands to watch matches. One PeeWee, and Bantam parent may escort their child to the mat but must leave the gated area during the match.
8) Qualification: We will wrestle to 8th place in all divisions. Do not leave until you are eliminated from the tournament. The top 8 places in Bantam, Intermediate, Novice, Schoolboy, and Cadet will qualify for the Western Regional in Pocatello, Idaho June 16-22, 2013. The top 3 places in Cadet, Cadet Women, Junior, and Junior Women will quality for the Cadet and Junior National in Fargo, North Dakota July 12-20, 2013. Those who place in the Schoolboy, Cadet, and Junior Divisions will be considered for the National Dual Teams.
9) Information: Contact Jay Terry at email@example.com