Board Meeting Minutes
May 5, 2013
Board Members present:
Mary Ann Douglas, Jay Terry, Melissa Simmons, Beth Michaelson, Andy Cook, Chris Feist, Suzie Velarde, Dave Gilbertson, Kim Burchett, Jim Burchett, Craig Hanson, Sean Ekerson, Ty Michaelson
Board Members not present:
Tom Martin, Luke Leifer, Ron Beard
Call to Order:
Chairman Jay Terry called the meeting to order at 6:05pm
Chris made a motion to accept the board meeting minutes from the April Board meeting Jim seconds, motion passes.
Freestyle/Greco State Report:
• Tournament went smoothly with night before weigh-ins and hard-wired computers.
• Table help was rough, but till managed it.
• Dollamur ending up bringing 17 mats and the schools/clubs that purchased them were happy
• Tournament was all wrapped up by 6pm on Sunday.
• Good feedback from parents
• Mary Ann thought the table help was frustrating. Also thought we might consider Friday weigh-in for everyone
• Sean moves to have WSWA funs all but the $250 deposit for 1st Team Schoolboy, Cadet and Jr Duals (excluding food, uniform package) Craig Seconds. Motion passes unanimously.
Jim Burchett, Deputy Director
• Historically about $10,000 has gone to help all Fargo participants with cost.
• Jim makes a motion to allow 50% of $2 fund to go to all Fargo athletes and the remainder to be allocated to qualifying $2 athletes. Mary Ann seconds. Motion carries
• Jim will get info out to athletes ASAP
Mary Ann Douglas, Treasurer
• $16,189 coaches; $76,540 checking; $93,240 Money Market
Melissa Simons, Women’s Director:
• Talking to Merle about scheduling camp.
Craig Hanson, Coaches Director:
• Bronze Clinic went smoothly
• Sent out coaches letter
Dave Gilbertson, Web Director:
• Getting info on duals and nationals posted to website.
• Please check message board to answer questions
Luke and Chris:
• Coaches have been selected, ratio of 1:8
• Training schedule is set
Sean Ekerson, Western Kids Director:
• Team is coming together
Ty Michaelson, Promotions Director:
• T-Shirt sales went ok at state. Recommends handing staff shirts out earlier to promote sales.
Suzie Velarde, Travel Director:
• Needs names and birthdates for Team Washington
New Business, cont.:
• Fall meeting recommendation—Sept 7th or August 24th
Mary Ann makes a motion to adjourn. Craig seconds. Meeting adjourns at 8:36 pm